Friday, May 15, 2009

The Arist in Me

I've never thought of myself as much of an artist. After today, that hasn't changed. Carlos had us do a few exercises to spur creativity in drawing skills. I've never been much of a good artist so I didn't have very high hopes. One thing I think I took away from this is that I did end up doing better than I had expected.

This is pretty important because it represents the lesson that I can't be creative with something new all the time. Sometimes I may need to resort to something I haven't done in a while and see what kind of progress I had made. Despite not drawing something particularly good, I still was able to create.

Sometimes I think I get too stuck trying to create something novel that I pass up an idea that I should just be re-visiting.

No comments: